Monday, June 18, 2007

Hero-fied


I've been "hero-fied"! I'm referring to Heroes the new tv series from NBC. I first knew about it from my good friend Naling who got hooked to it as early as February. I swear, I fell asleep watching one episode with her. That's just because I came from a three-day mind-cracking session during a seminar-workshop. When I got home, I told my hubby about it and he too got intrigued and proceeded to devoting some time to downloading the series from the net.

The copy's been with us for almost two months now and it's just this weekend that we really found the time to watch it. And then we were glued! It's only Tuesday today and I can't wait to watch the last 4 episodes of season 1!

So, what got me hooked?

1. Peter Petrelli and the way he looks at Simone. I knew I've seen this guy from another series and I was right! He played Jess in Gilmore Girls. I always thought his character tickled the dark/spontaneous side of Rory and I once hoped that they end up together. But that's another story. Peter just cares so much about saving the world. Ironically, he needed saving.

2. Mr. Bennet - appearing to be evil at first. But all he really wanted was to protect the adopted daughter that he came to love and consider his own.

3. Claire Bennet - typical teenager, wanting to belong while dealing with her being special.

4. The Haitian who Mr. Bennet knew to be mute. He erases memory by a touch, reminiscent of the zapping done in Men in Black.

5. Hiro! Hiro! Hiro! He's actually my most favorite character. I don't know if it's just because he is Japanese and his ways are so different from the other characters. He is also so optimistic, never tires to save the world!


Catch Heroes at the Crime/Suspense Channel. Really interesting plot!


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home