Sunday, September 03, 2006

Click




Click (2006)

A workaholic architect, who has been overlooking his family in favor of his career, comes across a universal remote that allows him to perform TiVo-like functions on his life, such as pausing events or fast-forwarding over them. When the remote begins creating its own memory and choosing what to fast-forward over, the man sees how much of his personal life has passed him by and realizes the importance of spending more time with his family.


Production Status:
Released
Genres:
Comedy, Kids/Family and Science Fiction/Fantasy
Running Time:
1 hr. 38 min.
Release Date:
June 23rd, 2006 (wide)
MPAA Rating:
PG-13 for language, crude and sex related humor and some drug references. Distributors: Sony Pictures Releasing International, Sony Pictures Releasing
Production Co.:
Happy Madison Productions, Original Film
Studios
: Columbia Pictures, Revolution Studios
U.S.
Box Office: $135,468,818
Produced in: United States

Watched the movie alone Saturday night. Miki fell asleep , Titchay wasn’t interested and I just the occasion to watch the movie of my choice without anyone bothering me. The plot was not complicated at all. But as usual, it’s the simplicity of the story that makes me relate to it. There is the dilemma of pursuing your dreams vis-à-vis spending more time with your family. The trade-offs in life that one has to go through if only to give that customized definition of happiness.

What makes you happy? A new car, techy stuff? Travel? A posh office overlooking the best of what the city has to offer? Rubbing shoulders with influential people? Study or work abroad? Would you rather contemplate along this line or move to the opposite end of the spectrum? Like sharing a hearty meal with your family? Learning that your son got 5 stars in art class today? or weekend camping? Or just reading that good book you have been putting off for the longest time?

It’s really a customized thing. To each his own. One man’s meat may be another man’s poison.

What is it for me? Well honestly, I still get swayed at times to look beyond the little happy things that I enjoy each day. I look forward to working abroad, to having my own house, planning my own meals. I dream of traveling, of taking my son to different places, experience different cultures. I hope for the amenities and privileges that my friends and people around me enjoy. I wish for the betterment of life. I pray for opportunities.

But that’s just typical me. When I feel inadequate, unfit and everything negative that goes with it. But when I am my sane self, I am happy. Who would not with an adorable son who keeps your hands full all the time?

The movie will also remind you to stop, when your work is already driving your life. To take that moment to also see the things around me, to assess your relationship with your loved ones and to really know what is going on in their lives; to being there for them in their saddest and happiest moments, to show appreciation and gratification by just being there for them and with them. I want to be there when it happens.

So what now of my dreams? Hmmmm, it’s really a mystery how things fall into place. But my faith has brought me to far many serendipitous events in my life for me to doubt anything anymore. Let life take its natural course. Let live!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home